REVIVING THE LOST ART OF MOLDINGS
AIACE & IDCEC:
Why does a room feel right when you walk into it? What's the signiﬁcance of scale and proportion? Have we lost our "design" roots?
Windsor Mill's AIA continuing education program touches on these issues and more, looking back to the Greek's, the evolution of moldings, and why they make such an impact on any building project. As an AIA member earn 1 HSW CE credit for this 1 hour program. Learning objectives include:
- Understand the origin of classic molding design
- Learn how moldings, used correctly, have the power to change the way people experience a room
- Rediscover the lost art of crafting moldings
- Learn how to specify historic moldings utilizing today's materials for lasting results & satisﬁed clients
YOUR EXTERIOR ENVELOPE
How do you increase the durability of your exterior envelope? What are considered today’s best installation practices? What are the differences between popular wood treatment methods?
Windsor Mill’s AIA continuing education program touches on these issues and more, helping you design a exterior envelope that is durable and healthy for the home. As an AIA member earn 1 HSW CE credit for this 1 hour program. Learning objectives include:
- Learn how biological agents effect wood
- Learn the effects physical deterioration has on wood products
- Study proper installation practices & avoid mistakes
- Evaluate different methods for increasing the durability of your wood product